Changelog for Obseron 2.19
19th Nov 2021
- Option to set the maximum time that a user can stay logged in.
- Support for fire alarms in Dahua IR cameras.
11th Nov 2021
- Fixed a hang when saving a heatmap.
- Add vehicle dialog was acting like it was editing an existing vehicle.
- Fixed a bug that caused random outputs to be set on a Modbus device in addition to the one that was supposed to be set.
- Fixed issues with playing audio recordings when there was simultaneous incoming and outgoing audio.
- Audio can again be sent to a camera through a remote server.
19th Oct 2021
- Video clip file names now contain the camera name.
- The "Log out after inactivity" setting is now separate for each user.
- The user interface for ANPR functionality is now enabled on default.
- Try to use the credentials of the locally logged in user for remote connections that are set to connect automatically but don't have credentials saved.
- Dual-color buttons.
- Hikvision plate detections are now processed without the hyphen.
- The camera image is now correctly flipped and/or rotated on web settings.
- If the user does not have permissions to view any cameras on a server, the connection to that server is no longer forwarded to the client.
- The name of the user is now saved to the servers' action logs instead of just a temporary uuid on forwarded connections.
- Fisheye dewarper maximum radius doubled for 180 degree cameras.
- Fixed a bug that caused unknown license plates to be listed with green background on clients.
- Fixed a crash when removing a camera or closing the program.
- Fixed the "ignored license plates" setting in ANPR components. Previously the setting had no effect.
- Fixed the "Video freeze alarm" setting to correctly cause an alarm when connection is lost, even if the alarm delay is longer than reconnection delay.
- "Copy audio from another device" setting is again visible for RTSP-based cameras.
- The audio controls are shown on radial menu only if audio is enabled on the camera.
- The status field in camera settings in no longer stuck displaying "OK" when connection is lost.
- Fixed ONVIF events on some camera models.
Changelog for Obseron 2.18
19th May 2021
- Fixed a bug that erased recordings prematurely on some configurations, causing relatively new recordings to be lost.
- Fixed a bug that caused the timeline to go blank until restart after modifying the storage settings.
- Fixed a crash when using the VCA component with VCA 1.5.
- Fixed blank video clips when in peek mode.
- Fixed the Gallery menu item not doing anything on some platforms.
6th May 2021
- Support for multi-sensor Hanwha cameras.
- Display the camera's MAC address in settings.
- Manual focus for ONVIF cameras.
- Recording files are now deleted from disk and not just the search index when they exceed the set time limit.
- ONVIF audio backchannel support.
- Integrated database rebuild tool.
- The current camera layout is used for multi camera video clips and can be assigned to snapshots.
- Directional filter for Hikvision license plate recognitions.
- Support for Dahua ANPR camera.
- Motion filter for motion detection
- Calculate the default resolution for video clips from the source material.
- Added tool descriptions to the area masking tool.
- The camera rotation settings have been moved to the camera's settings from the radial menu.
- More settings are now available to be modified through rule actions.
- When adding more cameras than license allows, the newly added cameras can no longer cause the previously added ones to lose their license, even if they are temporarily disconnected during the addition. Only when disabling a camera, is its license freed for others.
- Modbus errors are now displayed in the system error viewer.
- The memory consumption data in system overview no longer considers cached memory as being in use.
- Snapshot preview integrated into the snapshot dialog.
- Installer now attempts to open the web configuration of the service when service installation is selected, instead of opening the GUI.
- Improved support for ONVIF motion alarm events.
- Fixed the misleading error message when entering an invalid password.
- Fixed the disabled text fields when adding a user.
- The camera event rule settings now display correct values on web interface.
- Fixed a bug where added license plates might become unavailable unless the user has the permission to view plates added by others.
- Fixed automatic reconnection to Uniview cameras.
- Pressing Enter on license activation dialog no longer tries to activate the previously entered license when the focus is in the license code field.
- A plain number entered in the time field in permit editor is now interpreted as seconds instead of just reverting to zero.
- A wrong vehicle is no longer deleted even if the vehicle list has been modified remotely after the editor being opened locally.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to add more cameras than the maximum grid can fit.
- Fixed the custom grid being displayed incorrectly.
- Closing the log dialog no longer hangs the program on certain platforms.
- Possible fix to system configuration in web settings occasionally requiring another login until system is restarted.
Changelog for Obseron 2.17
16th Feb 2021
- Allow video clips with odd width or height.
- Fixed a crash when selecting a camera from a disconnected remote connection while creating a video clip.
- Fixed PTZ preset names to show correctly over remote connection.
- Fixed resolution problems using macOS Big Sur.
- Update camera names on map view when remote connection is re-established.
14th Dec 2020
- Backups can now be viewed without having the "All cameras" permission, and the backup cameras no longer show up in camera permission settings.
- The camera images no longer freeze during recording buffer overflow.
- Fixed a crash when disconnecting from a server.
- Mobile client can now view recordings without the "All cameras" permission, if the viewed cameras have been explicitly selected in the permissions.
- Fixed a crash when opening settings window on macOS.
- Fixed some heatmap related crashes.
7th Dec 2020
- Motion heat map.
- NVIDIA hardware decoding support.
- Added a new permission for saving PTZ presets. The permission to use the saved presets has been merged to the general PTZ control permission.
- Remote cameras can now be watched in the web live view.
- Support for audio only network devices.
- Camera tab can now be changed and peek mode toggled while creating a video clip.
- Show camera image preview when hovering mouse over the camera menu.
- Added a note field on camera settings.
- Added a separate permission for audio.
- Audio stream can be copied from one camera to another, allowing the audio to be played from either one in the playback view.
- Dahua event support.
- Copy protection dongles are no longer supported on macOS version.
- Support for multi-channel Arecont cameras.
- Fixed autoconnecting remote connections without saved credentials on a system without automatic local login.
- Linking to rules from other rules no longer breaks when renaming the linked rule.
- Server no longer needs to be restarted after changing the web server port.
- Mobile client now works even when using the "Avoid recompression" setting on the server.
- The radial menu now closes when focus is moved to another window.
- The timeline is shown automatically when controlling playback via hotkeys.
- Added an option to disable RTCP-RR keepalive to prevent certain ACTi models from crashing.
- Program logo is included in the snapshots.
- Fixed a crash when using Axis P3301 camera.
- Switching the camera type between certain brands no longer loses the saved username and password.
- The username and password is now correctly listed in the system information view for all camera types.
- Fixed a hang when switching camera type when a motion detection rule is assigned to the camera.
- Removing the user's permissions for a camera now applies immediately for remote users without reconnecting.
- The audio spectrum in camera settings is now shown when the audio tab is selected instead of the advanced tab.
- Components are no longer removed from a camera when switching it's type.
- The on-screen elements are no longer flipped and turned with the camera image.
- Fixed cameras disconnecting when system time is changed significally.
- Fixed the camera images hanging when the plate search window is open.
- Fixed Arecont camera authentication.
Changelog for Obseron 2.16
3rd Sep 2020
- An option to disable the remote connections' automatic ip address updating.
- Improved quality on scaled camera images.
- Removed the fade effect from tooltips.
- Client connections no longer update the status of the counters on servers.
- Fixed color inversion on maps.
- The area search now changes size along the camera image.
- Fixed the flickering when jumping from recordings to live and then rewinding.
- Fixed some memory leaks and web site slowdown.
- EULA can now be correctly opened from the about window on Windows.
- Fixed some crashes and disconnects on clients.
3rd Aug 2020
- Fixed memory leaks caused by DirectX rendering on Windows.
6th Jul 2020
- Expanded VCA event support.
- Fixed a crash when removing cameras or other devices from settings.
- Storage usage info now updates correctly after making changes in the web interface.
- Added the missing license plate settings in the web settings interface.
- Fixed some memory leaks caused by rendering on Windows.
3rd Jun 2020
- System error messages are now shown in system notifications on MacOS and Windows.
- POS configuration settings added to setting window.
- System overview expanded and now also displays remote servers.
- DirectX rendering support.
- Czech translation
- Prevent power save mode when recording or in full screen mode.
- Special characters in user passwords now work over remote connections on all platforms.
- Changed the search on message widgets to be case insensitive.
- Motion detection rules for remote cameras now work even when the selected cameras are not being viewed.
- Dark Mode now works on MacOS
- Fixed repeating clips in audio recording playback.
- Fixed the drive list flickering on system overview page on Windows Classic theme.
- Fixed a bug that caused setting import to occasionally fail.
- Fixed the long start times on some configurations.
- Fixed a crash when setting the camera changer to full screen.
- Fixed the "Add a permit" button in the license plate event viewer.
- Fixed a crash when switching the page in setting window after viewing help text on MacOS.
- Fixed a crash when trying to close application from the dock on MacOS.
- Try to fix a failing event connection to FLIR Saros cameras automatically.
- PTZ settings are now all shown correctly in the "Copy settings" dialog in the web interface.
- Joystick movement within the dead zone is now completely suppressed, fixing ptz presets with some joystick/camera combinations.
Changelog for Obseron 2.15
20th Apr 2020
- Allow non-admins with the "Accessing settings" permission to open the System Overview page in settings.
- Fixed a crash when adding a note to a map.
2nd Apr 2020
- ONVIF profile G server support.
- Hotkeys for opening all Obseron windows and moving the active one to the next display.
- System overview page in setup window.
- PTZ preset management with rules.
- Messages widget.
- Support for "Continuously" VCA events.
- Fixed control lag when controlling a PTZ camera over a low-speed ip serial device.
- Sort the cameras into server groups in permission settings when forwarded connections are enabled.
- Fixed a restart when program entered App Nap on macOS.
- Fixed a crash when adding or removing rules.
Changelog for Obseron 2.14
6th Mar 2020
- When jumping to another time by double clicking the timeline, playback is paused during the transition.
- Filtered some more control data from TMT88IV cash register.
- Fixed a crash when switching network on camera search on Linux.
- Fixed video/audio stutter on Sony RTSP cameras.
- Fixed image dewarping when viewing recordings.
- Fixed a crash when using Hikvision ANPR cameras.
- Fixed duplicated license plate detections.
- Prevent the data from separate registers from getting mixed in receipts.
13th Feb 2020
- Obseron is now notarized, and can be run easily on macOS Catalina.
- Fixed H.265 decode errors and crashes on some CPUs.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused frames to show in wrong order in the recordings.
- Fixed a bug that caused the connection lost rule event to sometimes not react to a disconnected network camera.
3rd Feb 2020
- H.265 camera support.
- Data from serial ports can be used as input for the "Message received" rule condition.
- "Show window" rule action, which brings forth the Obseron window from background or taskbar.
- Improved record playback buffering for smoother backward playback and reduced frame skipping.
- ONVIF PTZ presets now attempt to read their initial numbering from the camera.
- Control room license again allows unlimited cameras in live mode.
- Fixed using the number keys on camera switcher when there are large gaps in camera numbering.
- Restored the missing analyzer condition in rules.
- Fixed Mobotix MxPEG camera recordings.
- Fixed a bug that corrupted a few seconds of recordings just before program shutdown.
- Fixed a client crash when restarting proxy server.
- Use CRLF line endings consistently on CSV and text file exports.
- Fixed Web and RTSP playback from cameras set to live mode that are not currently watched elsewhere.
- Fixed the message field in the email rule action web interface.
Changelog for Obseron 2.13
10th Dec 2019
- Server passwords can no longer be viewed in client settings.
- POS receipts that are over a week older than the oldest recordings are automatically cleaned from the database.
- Faster image updating when dragging timeline.
- Improved ONVIF camera connection method and added an timeout on it.
- Correctly show the upgraded ANPR camera limits before activating when entering an upgrade license.
- Fixed activating upgrade licenses on an old recorder upgraded to Obseron.
- Fixed the Details section in activity log.
- Fixed the audio in video clips.
- Fixed a buffering problem that occasionally caused the frame-by-frame playback to jump over some frames.
- Fixed a problem that sometimes caused the processing of a license plate to be postponed until the next license plate was detected.
- Fixed missing access log entries when viewing over remote connection.
- Fixed an issue with HTTP API component showing empty settings
30th Sep 2019
- ONVIF server implementation.
- The daemon version is now (re)started automatically after installing it on Linux.
- Fixed a problem that caused PTZ commands to keep running a while after issuing them on some camera models.
- The daemon version will now close properly on Linux.
18th Sep 2019
- Ksenos is now known as Obseron.
- Allow custom notes in map view.
- Camera components.
- Allow 30 day trial on new installations.
- Regular users can now be allowed to manage the program license.
- ONVIF sendAuxiliaryCommand support.
- Allow joystick axis inversion.
- Allow user permissions to be altered using rules.
- Allow devices such as joysticks and I/O modules to be given names.
- Modbus devices can now be set to display a system error on connection failure.
- DirectShow capture.
- Show the camera image when hovering mouse over the camera menu.
- Improved the responsiveness of the alarm log with a large amount of data.
- New layout in settings.
- The improved performance settings are now on by default in new installations.
- You can now add any IP camera using ANPR camera license, instead of just ANPR cameras.
- Automatically login after logging out and waiting a timeout period, if automatic login is enabled.
- The camera selector in setting window no longer loses focus when switching camera with arrow keys.
- Fixed the stream when using "?live=true" argument for the RTSP server.
- Timeline drag no longer gets stuck when flicking the mouse away from the window.
- Fixed the scaling of maps created with version older than 2.11.
- The amount of recordings in single partition is no longer capped at 32TB.
- The digital I/O devices that have 0 inputs or outputs now show the inputs/outputs properly over remote connection.
- The Windows service version unintentionally created C:\Ksenos and placed some files there. Since 2.13, these files are placed under C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local.
- Fixed a crash on plate recognition on a freshly configured Hikvision camera.
- Fixed using digital outputs over remote connection.
- Fixed a crash when removing a rule from web settings.
- The ONVIF profile selector no longer shows an incorrect profile after switching the camera to point to another model.
- Prevent the program from hanging on shutdown if storage is incorrectly configured or corrupt.
- Fixed a crash when adding a user to a permissions group.
- Fixed an incorrect port being shown as selected in web settings when creating a new plate recognition rule.
- Fixed rule conditions added after first adding two or more actions.
- Fixed the incorrect state of the rule when adding a new condition in web settings when "Some of the conditions are met" mode is set.
- "Blink camera", "Peek camera", "Blink device on map" and "Change tab" rules can now be configured properly from the web settings.
- Fixed a crash when a rule tries to switch to a deleted tab.
Changelog for Ksenos 2.12
23th Aug 2019
- Control audio recording with rules.
- Instead of traversing the selection history, the arrow buttons on camera changer widget are now used to select the number of the camera to display.
- Allow the creation of plate detection rules in the web settings.
- Support for non-ASCII characters from LPR cameras.
- The vehicle permission editor no longer blocks the other parts of the program.
- Improved the recording viewing performance.
- Fixed crashes during remote connection and license plate recognition.
- Fixed automatically reconnecting to cameras after disconnect.
- Fixed a hang when rapidly switching the camera changer in monitor widget.
- Fixed Vivotek camera support.
- Fixed a problem that caused an error message when installing the service for Windows.
- Fixed a bug that caused the a camera to sometimes ignore a license plate when sharing context with another camera.
20th Mar 2019
- Fixed a bug that sometimes crashed the program when a connection was lost to a camera.
- Fixed viewing cameras with live mode enabled using a remote connection with recompression.
- Fixed viewing MxPEG (Mobotix) recordings.
26th Feb 2019
- Sort groups and backups alphabetically on menus.
- Ignore case when sorting menus.
- Resize the ONVIF profile setting control when necessary.
- Removed the warning dialog when closing a tab, since the closed tab can be reopened anyway.
- Check the OpenGL version when logging in, and if it is too old, show an error message and exit.
- The resolution selection on video export dialog is no longer ignored.
- Apply image rotations and flips on exported images.
- Allow special characters on camera passwords.
- Fixed PTZ control on some ONVIF cameras.
- Restored the missing icons from the web UI.
- Local microphone no longer reserves a camera license.
- Fixed a crash when removing a camera while sending it audio at the same time.
- Speaker configurations are now properly removed when the related cameras are removed.
- Re-enable software motion detection when ONVIF events (and thus ONVIF motion detection) is disabled.
- Fixed the blank image over remote connection to cameras that have live mode enabled.
- Reduced the server load when transcoding is disabled on the server end but not on client.
- Fixed the blank timeline on cloned tabs.
- Prevent the "Permit all" setting from being enabled for all groups when upgrading directly from 2.10 series or older with certain camera configurations.
31st Jan 2019
- Set cameras to peek mode via rules.
- Close the current tab with Ctrl+W.
- Activate rules with keyboard keys.
- Buttons can be linked to cameras, and activated through the camera's radial menu.
- Shared plate recognition context for Hikvision ANPR cameras.
- Copy image to clipboard from the camera's radial menu.
- Added frame rate selection to video exporting.
- Support for camera's own motion detection through ONVIF.
- Counter widget.
- Time-lapse video clips.
- Use the source image's resolution as a default for image snapshots.
- RTSP server obeys the camera permission groups.
- Changes to the RTSP server's settings apply immediately without restart.
- All cameras are permitted by default on a new permission group.
- The arrow buttons in virtual window now switch between consecutive camera numbers instead of browsing selection history.
- Fixed the erroneus URL shown in the RTSP URL info field in the cameras' settings.
- Tab bar is shown properly when switching from a tab that contains a full screen camera.
- Fixed motion detection on cameras with resolution under 320x240.
- Cameras set to live mode disconnect properly when the camera is not being viewed.
- Fixed a crash when switching to a tab with a notification widget that has received a lot of notifications while hidden.
- Fixed a memory leak when using Mobotix cameras with audio support.
- Fixed a bug that caused some lists to not draw properly after resizing the window in a certain way.
Changelog for Ksenos 2.11
10th Jan 2019
- Reordered the web settings to match the desktop version.
- Fixed the license plate recognition occasionally stopping with Hikvision cameras.
- Fixed the closed tabs listing. Closed tabs are now properly listed and clearing the list does not affect open tabs.
- Fixed a bug causing slow performance when viewing recordings on a system with a very large amount of cameras.
- Edit mode is no longer disabled every time a patrol in a camera is updated.
- Patrol no longer stops when switching tabs.
- Switch the tabs to match the current user after switching the user, even if not logged out in between.
- Fixed camera replacing in web settings.
29th Oct 2018
- Fixed window positions on startup on certain multi-display configurations.
- Require user permissions to browse the access log over a remote connection.
- Added the selection buttons for every group in the permission settings.
22th Oct 2018
- Process will no longer hang up on the background when closing the program with invalid storage settings.
- Fixed insufficient license errors within the camera limits of the license.
- Fixed secondary streams on RTSP cameras.
16th Oct 2018
- Fixed Schneider Intercom client.
12th Oct 2018
- Windows installer will now create the desktop icon even in silent mode.
- Fixed the problem with automatic startup on Windows that could cause program to try to start twice on boot.
- Fixed a bug that caused icons in settings window to sometimes show incorrect images.
- Fixed PTZ with Axis cameras using authentication.
3nd Oct 2018
- User permission groups.
- User specific tabs.
- User action log.
- Time synchronization button for separate windows.
- CSV export for alarm log.
- Allow selecting multiple cameras for removal in setup window.
- When RTSP server is enabled, show the RTSP URL of each camera in their settings.
- Audio support for Mobotix cameras.
- Camera switcher for virtual windows.
- Keyboard control for fisheye cameras.
- PTZ support for Sony SNT-EX104 encoder and compatible devices.
- Designa alarm logging.
- PTZ control of Sony cameras over serial port.
- Iris and focus commands bindable to joystick buttons.
- Aux commands for Pelco P/D protocols.
- Camera isolation to detach cameras from the timeline.
- Import/export feature for maps
- PDF export for image snapshots.
- Allow cameras to be added even without a license, but require one to enable them.
- Allow radial menu to be opened during area search.
- Keep showing a camera on rule conditions and actions even when it is disabled.
- Allow Windows to handle restarting the service instead of running a separate watchdog.
- Enabled HTTP digest authentication on cameras and rule actions.
- Fade image to black with a warning triangle when the connection is lost to a camera.
- Do not try to open connection automatically to newly added cameras.
- Allow each network address on an adapter to be used for camera and server searches on Windows.
- Yellow continuous recording indicator on camera title.
- Allow PTZ presets to be selected using keyboard shortcuts.
- Enable PTZ highlight even without joystick, for controlling cameras with keyboard.
- Show camera type in info view.
- Finer control of camera title size.
- List tabs that do not fit on the tab bar to a separate menu.
- Keep setup window always on top.
- Allow forwarded connections to remain connected, even if the forwarding server is shut down.
- Fixed denied permissions when modifying user permissions in web ui.
- Fixed degrading performance in license plate search interface.
- Fixed configuring cameras' spinbox settings from the main view.
- Fixed the empty dialog when closing program on CentOS.
- Fixed adding IQEye cameras from camera search list.
- Fixed disappearing controls from the storage settings.
- Do not change the focus of the virtual window when using mouse to select camera for joystick control.
- Do not show the cameras from an opened backup in setup window.
- Fixed restarting the program from the web ui on CentOS 7.
- Fixed mouse issues requiring multiple clicks in the setup window on CentOS 7.
- Fixed a hangup when trying to connect to a nonexistent Sony camera.
- Fixed bugs in RTSP stream handling, causing stuttering or inability to open stream.
- Fixed focus and iris command on Pelco P/D protocols.
- Correctly show PTZ camera icon for PTZ cameras in web settings.
- Fixed a bug that rarely caused Modbus not to work in certain situations.
Changelog for Ksenos 2.10
13th Aug 2018
- Fixed the too small source resolution on image snapshots.
- Fixed the timestamp of image snapshots always showing the current date and time instead of the recording time.
- Fixed restarting the program from the web interface.
6th Aug 2018
- Fixed connecting to password-protected Mobotix cameras.
- Fixed a crash when closing the Mac version.
- Fixed Windows service watchdog.
- Fixed a bug that caused timeline regeneration to stop prematurely when there is too much recordings in too short time.
- Fixed delays in switching audio context from one camera to another.
- Adjustable timeouts for Modbus connections.
- Added 19200 bps option for serial port speed.
12th Mar 2018
- Fixed a hangup leading to a crash when opening the setting window in some environments.
- Improved network throughput when using encrypted connections.
28th Feb 2018
- Fixed a flashing stripe at the edge of certain camera images.
- Improved the recording write performance.
9th Feb 2018
- Fixed direct decoding when QSV is not enabled.
- Users are now properly allowed to have longer Maximum ANPR permit duration than a day, and admins are not restricted at all.
24th Jan 2018
- Show digital outputs of ONVIF cameras in the rule actions.
- Fixed issues causing setting import from web ui to fail.
- Camera icons are now properly refreshed in setting window.
- Fixed image stretching in peek mode.
- Added keybindings for focus and iris control, and allow faster control by pressing Ctrl.
- Show timeline in full screen mode when doing area search.
- Increased the maximum tab switcher interval to 5 minutes.
19th Jan 2018
- Fixed a crash when closing the last tab on ION window.
- Fixed the online activation in the web interface.
- Fixed a crash after leaving the server settings in the setup window in Linux.
- Show newly added access groups in web interface immediately without needing to manually refresh the page.
- Fixed the "Recording error" rule conditions.
- The password on cameras and remote connections no longer needs to be entered twice on web settings.
- Allow site number 0. This replaces the camera numbers entered using the old camera number organizer tool.
- Removed the deprecated "Open window" action from the rules.
- Image snapshot resolutions have been sorted.
3rd Jan 2018
- Fixed hiding the user interface top bar with F8 key.
- Fixed a problem that caused user permissions to be cleared from certain users when upgrading from version 2.9.*.
- Fixed constant reconnecting to Modbus devices.
29th Dec 2017
- Installer for Ksenos Windows service.
- Audio support for ION interface.
- Remote connection forwarding.
- Schneider Intercom support.
- Fisheye and Panomorph camera support in ION.
- Copy multiple settings to multiple cameras.
- ION maps.
- CentOS 7 support.
- Included ION manual.
- Hotkey support for ION interface.
- The camera controlled by a joystick can now be selected with mouse.
- Keyboard PTZ control in ION interface.
- Support for 4K video clips.
- Free recording space automatically when reducing the amount reserved for recordings.
- Native PTZ support for Pelco Spectra cameras.
- All passwords are now stored in encrypted form.
- Automatic ONVIF port detection in camera search.
- Show login dialog when authentication fails on automatic connections.
- Less intrusive area seach overlay.
- Automatically detect the first day of week setting.
- Skip the recording file on write failure.
- ION interface is now used exclusively. The old interface has been removed.
- Setting file is now protected with a checksum, and settings are automatically restored from backups.
- Dahua cameras' PTZ turn no longer stops automatically.
- Show vehicle permits from remote servers on the license plate search window.
- Do not show error of lost connection if the connection was not established in the first place.
- Clean up remote cameras properly when disconnecting immediately after connecting.
- GUI permissions are no longer displayed on the daemon version.
- The notification text will no longer be cut after the first space when changing colour in the notification setup.
- Fixed crashes when using QSV.
- Fixed the too narrow time selectors in the calendar.
- Fixed the occasional setting file corruption on system power loss.
- The system error about not being able to save settings is now properly marked resolved when the problem is resolved.
- Fixed the bug where camera settings would not show after opening and then disconnecting a remote connection to localhost and viewing its camera settings.
- Fixed issues with ION interface not rendering on some AMD GPUs.
- Fixed some camera streams that were broken on version 2.9.
- Digital zoom now handles rotated images properly.
Changelog for Ksenos 2.7 and minor versions
13th Apr 2015
- Fixed activation through web UI.
20th Feb 2015
- Support for license key upgrades.
- More options for multiplexer layouts.
- Fixed the slight cropping of the multiplexer images.
- Fixed the green flashes when switching multiplexer images.
- Fixed the connection issue with Arecont 3256PMIR-S.
- Fixed missing icons from the Mac version.
- Analyzers are no longer listed in the monitor selector.
9th Dec 2014
- Worked around the white image problem in the new Intel Linux driver.
25th Nov 2014
- Show the menu bar by pressing F10.
- Fixed the remote recordins on fisheye viewers.
- Added an optional recording mode, which reduced the database size.
- Daemon version of Ksenos Backup with remote support.
- Fixed the image quality problems with new Xecap capture boards.
- Refresh the quick layout button icons.
- Support for PTZ cameras on ONVIF server.
- Added an optional recording mode, which may improve the search speed.
- Fixed a crash with very large MJPEG streams.
- The "Camera selection digit count" has been restored.
- The "Show PTZ overlay" setting has been restored.
- Fixed a crash when entering a non-ASCII character to the host field of a Ksekam camera.
- Option to only send images with motion to Ksenos Mobile.
- The recording time limit can now be set in the web settings.
- The global recording rule can now be set in the web settings.
- Improved the visual appearance of the schedule editor in web settings.
- Allow the alarm log to be browsed without ANPR permissions.
- Watchdog for Linux daemon version.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to make a video clip from a monitor window.
- Included the dbdump utility with Linux packages.
- Support for cameras with ONVIF profile S.
- Automatically select the RTSP port of ONVIF cameras.
- Fixed occasional gaps with remote recording viewer.
- Fixed a bug causing analog cameras to sometimes show up black in the multiplexer view.
- Added camera status texts to the multiplexer view.
- Implemented the 2nd stream feature with ONVIF cameras.
- Support for MJPEG RTSP streams.
- Close the snapshot dialog when the image is saved.
- The map view can no longer be opened without any maps.
- Respect source camera permissions with fisheye viewers.
- Automatic startup is now selectable from the settings in Linux version.
- Improved the web interface efficiency by using RTSP for streaming.
- Camera window buttons can no longer be accidentally pressed by dragging the mouse over the window and releasing over the button.
- Allow full screen mode to be selected with joystick.
- Fixed a crash when detaching a monitor window without a camera.
- Axis MPEG4 camera type renamed as Axis IP camera.
- Fixed layout issues with monitor and other non-camera windows.
- Allow the network interface to be selected on the camera search.
- The administrator settings can no longer be altered by non-administrator users, even if they have user modification permissions.
- Setting import/export through web UI.
- Allow camera images to be stretched to fill the multiplexer grid.
- Support for floor or wall mounted fisheye cameras.
- User authentication support for ONVIF server.
- Allow searching by time on web UI.
- Fixed text encoding issues with email headers.
- Support for email server authentication and encryption.
- interVIEW_Alarm support.
- Open camera window to full screen by double-clicking.
- Apply automatic layouts only to camera and monitor windows.
- A new license entry and activation dialog.
- Fixed remote camera frame rate display.
- Allow PTZ control over the web UI.
- Support for 12h clock on the timeline.
- Allow camera type to be changed without removing/readding the camera.
- Allow the administrator password to be altered over the web UI.
- Added version information to Ksenos.exe.
- Fixed the email limiter to not count unsent messages towards the limit.
- Support for Carmen Parking Digital engine.
- Fixed entering the number to a spincontrol setting.
- Show camera titles instead of id's in web UI.
- Fixed the remote connections menu when there are custom commands added.
- Fixed a bug that caused the database size to be ignored when calculating the available space for recordings.
- Decode only keyframes setting no longer affects remote cameras.
- Added minimal support for RTL languages.
- New motion analyzation tools.
- Show a system error when the recorder cannot keep up with incoming data.
- Fixed a text encoding issue with custom actions, possibly causing increasing delays when starting the program.
- The fisheye viewer now shows a sharper image than before.
- Fixed a bug causing camera window to occasionally move to upper left corner when maximizing and then restoring it on Linux.
- Fixed a memory leak and crash with RTSP server.
- Fixed a problem that could cause the settings to be deleted when running out of space on the hard drive or encountering some other I/O error.
- Fixed an additional .conf extension and another file being written when exporting settings.
- Fixed the manual lens focus.
Changelog for Ksenos 2.6 and minor versions
15th Sep 2014
- Polish translation.
- Create a visual notification, when the license activation is successful.
10th Jul 2014
- Fixed a memory leak in the Linux desktop version.
- Fixed some issues with watching recordings from Ksenos Standard, Ksenos Mobile or 3rd party clients.
- Estonian translation.
26th May 2014
- Digital output support over ONVIF for Axis cameras.
- German translation.
9th May 2014
- Fixed a possible crash caused by recording.
- Fixed a crash when adding fisheye viewers.
2nd May 2014
- Automatically guess username and password for the network cameras added from the search tool.
- LPR supported on Windows.
- LPR settings no longer show up in the web interface if LPR is disabled.
- Improved recording settings in the web UI.
- Fixed zooming the timeline of a detached camera window.
- From now on, LPR support needs to be enabled on the Ksenos license.
- The autostart setting now works properly regardless of the working directory where Ksenos was started in.
- Fixed possible errors on calendar view when switching to DST or back.
- Fixed a crash caused by invalid Modbus URL.
- Fixed the occasional unresponsiveness of the buttons in the main window.
- Added selection tools to the system error dialog.
- The watchdog on Linux does no longer crash after running for a while.
- Fixed a bug that caused the settings to not be saved immediately when altering some settings through the web UI.
- Fixed the formatting of email messages, so that messages with image attachement show their message part correctly.
- Improved search tools for network cameras and servers.
- Fixed a crash when opening a new camera window during video clip creation.
- Fixed a bug that caused a rule to stop working if a condition was added using the web UI.
- The buttons in camera windows are now visible even if there is no camera signal.
- ksenos-daemon package now cleans up init scripts properly during uninstall.
- Fixed the empty preset list in the dome preset rule action editor in the web UI.
- Fixed a bug that caused the date text in over the timeline to flicker between two formats.
- Fixed a crash when closing the program while a video clip is being created.
- License code field now accepts slight deviations of the format: whitespaces, dashes, upper and lower case letters.
- The custom buttons can now be arranged freely in the camera windows.
- The calendar search can now be opened by clicking the timestamp in the camera windows, allowing even detached windows to use calendar search.
- Fixed a crash when opening the settings of a remote camera.
- MxPEG support for Mobotix cameras.
- Fixed calling ONVIF PTZ presets.
- Support for digital inputs through ONVIF cameras.
- Open all cameras by pressing Ctrl+A.
- Rules can now be programmed to open camera and floor plan windows.
- Improved responsiveness on remote recordings on some scenarios.
- Removed the black bars on snapshots.
- Fixed the analog monitor output selector on rule action editor, which might have shown output 1 despite no output being selected.
- Removed the µChameleon support.
- Fixed the automatic layouts when the menu bar of the main window is visible.
- Added the missing RTSP path setting in the web UI.
- When selecting a single remote camera in the multiplexer, a higher resolution stream is now properly requested.
- Fixed a crash when closing the program while connecting to a remote server.
- Empty recording spaces now show proper information in the settings.
- Improved fisheye dewarping and separate fisheye viewers.
- The images on a multiplexer now fade out smoothly when signal is lost, reducing flicker on unstable connections.
- Fixed a crash when pressing Alt+Tab when the RTSP path selector menu is open.
- Selected aspect ratio is now correctly enforced on network cameras.
- Added the Message-ID field to emails.
- Fixed the encoding of the subject in test emails.
Changelog for Ksenos 2.5
8th Jan 2014
- The camera alarm timeout can now be manually set in camera settings.
- The exported settings are no longer overwritten without querying user.
- The state of manual recording buttons is now updated over remote connections.
- Automatic timestamp on exported PDF files.
- The multiplexer feature no longer requires license dongle.
- Fixed the corrupt non-ascii alphabet in test email.
- The recording indicator setting is back.
- Fixed the camera name presentation on map view.
- Fixed the disconnecting UDP stream on Pelco Sarix cameras.
- Improved camera selection tool in multiplexer settings.
- Fixed a bug that causes camera name corruption when editing the name over a remote connection from Linux client to Windows server.
- New video clip creation UI.
- Multiple map views can be opened simultaneously from the display menu.
- Recording button can be hidden from the toolbar.
- Fixed timeline updates on Standard->Prime remote connection.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Monitor window now keeps the playback state when switching cameras.
- Webmin is used for system settings configuration in the web interface.
- Secondary stream is now properly shown at full speed, even if the primary stream has a lower frame rate.
- Removed the black borders from wide aspect camera images on map view.
- New snapshot creation UI.
- Fixed image flickering with Xecap200 and Xecap100 with a channel expansion board.
- Zoomed image now fills the entire camera window regardless of unzoomed aspect ratio.
- Fixed streaming from certain newer Sony cameras.
- Manual activation can be done with a QR code.
- Removed the session organizer feature from main window.
- New look on the user interface.
- Prevent the snapshot review window from opening outside the screen.
- Fixed the timelines on the touch UI.
- Fixed the erroneus 1970 timestamp on the snapshot of certain camera types.
- Fixed a bug which makes camera names with special characters appear blank over remote connection.
- The uninstaller now removes the Start menu entries correctly on Windows.
- Added EULA.
- Dropped the "DVR Prime". Ksenos is now known as just Ksenos.
- The recording settings can now be altered directly in Ksenos instead of using Drivesetup.
Changelog for Ksenos 2.4 and minor versions
2nd Oct 2013
- Expanded the "Remember last view" setting. You can now select to open all cameras, last cameras or no cameras at all on startup.
- A new rule condition that is launched on recording errors.
- An integrated list of known RTSP paths.
- Reduced the amount of open database handles.
- Images are no longer stopped on Windows when opening menus or modal dialogs.
- Reduced the CPU load caused by Modbus devices.
- Option to invert Ksedio inputs.
- QuickPan feature.
- Fixed a bug in PTZ preset selector rule that caused a wrong preset to be called.
- E-mail sending.
- Next/Previous frame -buttons now allow you to also jump forward/backward by a selected time interval.
- Improvements to event viewer usability.
- Fixed an occasional crash when detaching a camera window.
- Fixed color and hue -settings from overriding each other on Comart capture boards.
- Fixed a bug in stream parsing on certain Dynacolor models, that caused trouble when playing back the recordings.
- Camera tree feature.
- Allow a camera to be selected with joystick by first selecting the number and then pressing the camera selector button.
- Quick recording feature.
- Faster timeline zoom.
- Apply the permission group of the camera in the server end to client cameras as well.
- Prevent sliders from resetting to previous position during dragging every time a setting changes in the setting panel.
- Fixed a crash when adding a QuickTime camera.
- System errors now require explicit acknowledgement and are also displayed on remote clients.
- Privacy mask feature.
- FFmpeg 2.0.1.
- Allow camera to be selected to a monitor window as a rule action, and also allow it to display recordings.
- New Map View feature replacing the floorplan.
- Monitor window now remembers previous selected cameras and allows user to browse through them.
- Fixed a resolution problem with QuickTime cameras causing corrupted image.
- Option to select how many letters ANPR will ignore from a plate while detecting a match.
- Camera number management.
- Activation-based license management.
17th Jun 2013
- The camera settings in UPnP search dialog no longer look like they could be modified.
- Fixed random decoding errors on H.264 Ksekams.
- Fixed duplicated display menus on 4-display systems.
- PTZ commands are no longer lost over remote connection.
- Fixed still video clip when created over a remote connection.
- Added a logout option to web UI.
- Fixed a delay on unrecompressed remote stream on cameras with high frame rate.
- Fixed the invalid quality selection on video clip dialog.
- Fixed patrol editing over remote connection.
- Fixed the 1x1 default resolution on video clip dialog.
- Stop PTZ more reliably when switching the controlled camera.
- Fixed the zoom in function on joysticks.
- Added a workaround that sends zoom stop command twice for cameras that occasionally drop commands.
- Support for some Samsung network cameras with PTZ.
- Increased the number of quick layouts.
- Added "previous camera" function to joystick.
- Joystick plugin support.
- Reduced the default compression quality on analog cameras.
- Fixed a crash when opening a new camera window while creating video clip.
- Monitor windows.
- Vertical sync disabled to improve performance.
- Fixed incorrect colors on some video clips.
- Backup importing.
- Fixed the image controls on Xecap800 boards.
- Open backups are no longer shown as cameras in the setting window.
- Fixed the initial state of the light bulb indicator in the rule editor.
- Fisheye cameras can now be rotated separately in separate camera windows.
- Floorplan can be closed by clicking the floorplan button again.
- Deleted cameras -menu is hidden as default.
- Enabling floorplan no longer requires program restart.
- Bookmarks can now be removed from the bookmark editor. The user is warned if attempting to remove all bookmarks from the timeline menu.
- Added preset ordering in patrol editor.
- Fixed missing times on timeline when zoomed close to old recordings.
- Fixed memory consumption problems with database cleanup.
- Usability improvements in video clip dialog.
- The wireframe model in fisheye cameras is now optional.
- Fixed a crash on program shutdown.
- Fixed a crash when taking multiple backups simultaneously.
- Fixed unicode alphabet in alarm log on Windows.
- Prevent duration controls on rule editor from defaulting to 0 while editing.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to enable ANPR without the appropriate license.
- Fixed mask drawing on mirrored camera images.
- Hide audio settings on camera types that don't support audio. Audio settings moved to the bottom of the page.
- Fixed a misbehaviour when a non-admin user is removed while logged in as the same user.
- Changed the default hue setting on Xecap 800 to a more natural value.
7th Mar 2013
- Support for new Comart cards: HDCap 270S, Xecap 400ef-LP, Xecap 800ef
- Fixed a crash when creating video clip.
- Fixed the excessively large recordings from analog cameras with low frame rate and high quality.
5th Mar 2013
- Fixed recordings on Sony H.264 support.
- Fixed the black image when selecting a single camera on the multiplex view.
- Resume multiplexer streams after reconnecting to remote server.
- Large Address Aware enabled.
- Video output disabled by default on XED capture cards because of texture corruption on certain GPUs. Added an option to enable it on capture board settings.
- Fixed a crash when selecting a date earlier than 1970.
- Web server can now be used without a license.
- Added input/output count setting to Modbus devices.
- Fixed serial port based PTZ control on certain network cameras.
- Show the alert triangle on write failures.
- Fixed the invalid time format on the timeline between 0:00 and 1:00.
- Fixed a bug that disabled mask overlays on program restart.
- Fixed the port setting on Web server.
- The server is started/stopped immediately when enabling/disabling it in settings.
- Removed the "only one condition is true" option on rule editor, as it never worked as described.
- Fixed a crash when a remote camera is opened in touch ui while disconnecting.
- 64-bit version for Windows.
- Improved video clip creation: MPEG4 support, audio support, memory issues solved, quality selected at creation time.
- Login dialog no longer remains hidden behind multiplex view.
- Disabled Windows error reporting, which demands user interaction on crash.
- Create crash dumps on different crash scenarios.
- Fixed a crash when removing a Modbus device.
- Fixed digital output selection on Web interface.
- Allowed camera count is now calculated correctly in UPnP search panel when there are analog cameras added.
- Support for Axis M7001 video encoder and other Axis cameras using resolutions other than 640x480.
4th Jan 2013
- Fixed remote cameras on multiplexer.
- UPnP search no longer freezes user interface.
- A rule action is no longer performed if all the conditions are removed.
- Fixed Comart I/O support.
- Fixed Ksedio occasionally hanging on network errors.
- Removed support for MPG440 cameras.
- Changes in the state of output are no longer queued in Ksedio. The last state overwrites previous ones.
- Fixed a crash when closing program.
- Fixed Hungarian translation.
- Fixed a crash with Sony IP cameras.
- FFmpeg upgraded to version 1.0.1, improving decode performance.
- Allow any user to open touch UI from the display menu.
- Fixed missing menu icons on Gnome.
- Fixed support for Samsung SNB-5000 cameras with new firmware.
- Fixed a BSOD with XED capture cards and Windows 7.
- Apply the multiplex mode of XED video output on program startup.
- Added H.264 support for Sony IP cameras.
7th Dec 2012
- Fixed the camera type selection in UPnP search panel.
- Support for Lonix camera brand.
- Fixed language selection on OSX.
- Removed the option to create a rule by running a rule wizard from the button next to rule selectors in settings.
- Fixed a hangup when launching the program without a copy protection dongle on OSX.
- Fixed a crash when saving a camera image with some forced aspect ratios.
- Fixed an occasional bug which prevented the "Restore last view" setting from working.
- Fixed an occasional crash when closing the program.
- Multiple fixes on the rule editor.
- Fixed a large memory leak on UPnP search.
- Fixed Windows uninstaller to remove all the installed files properly.
- Fixed the too low resolution of remote cameras on multiplexer and touch ui.
- Support for Lilin network cameras with PTZ.
- Added an option to select another stream to be used on live images on RTSP cameras.
- Video clips can now be saved with .avi file extension.
- Cameras can now optionally write an entry to the alarm log when connection is lost.
- Fixed SHA-1 implementation on Macs with PowerPC, fixing some authentication issues.
- Multiplex view no longer prevents cameras from destroying.
- Fixed a crash when handling a too long internal command.
1st Nov 2012
- Newly created schedule will now work normally without the need to open it in editor.
- Hide DMLed rules on non-ANPR configurations.
- Allow camera grouping by a user defined category name.
- Fixed side effects when switching rule type.
- Support for Yuan capture cards on Linux.
- Create a backup of the setting file periodically.
- Undo function in settings.
- Show event source server name in popup viewer.
- Fixed decoding errors in certain H.264 RTSP streams, for example, ACTi.
- Support for Modbus I/O devices.
- Only locally produced events should be saved in the alarm log.
- Allow camera selection for multiplex view.
- Fixed enabling/disabling a patrol through a remote connection.
- Lower latency on certain network operations, like ptz control of some network cameras.
- Support for Xecap DIO module on Windows.
- Preset support for ONVIF cameras.
- Workaround for iCanTek cameras' reconnection problem.
- Create log entries of remote logins.
- Audio support for RTSP cameras.
3rd Oct 2012
- Fixed authentication issue with some RTSP cameras.
- Faster filtering on vehicle dialogs.
26th Sep 2012
- Fixed ACTi camera support.
- Fixed a bug that caused the wrong settings to be opened in settings window when there are both Sony RTSP and generic RTSP cameras.
- Allow data from serial port to be directed to alarm log.
- Support for ComArt HDCap boards and PCI-E variants of XeCap boards.
- Added a rule for network camera connection failures.
16th Aug 2012
- Fixed dupicate COM ports in settings on Windows.
- Fixed a crash when showing time before year 1970 on date selector.
- Stepping back in recordings no longer skips frames.
- Certain unnecessary "Permission denied"-errors are no longer displayed in the log.
- Fixed authentication error with Mobotix cameras.
- Fixed the monitor output of ComArt XeD cards in Windows 7.
- DMLed screen rule is no longer available unless other DMLed functions are enabled.
- Fixed a potential crash when closing detached camera windows.
- Fixed a potential temporary hang when removing RTSP camera with connection errors.
- Allow only the last channel of analog capture card to be removed.
- Network cameras can now be set to only decode key frames for motion detection to reduce CPU load.
- Fixed Arecont camera support.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a digital input on a rule to be changed to 1.
- Prevented camera windows to read unnecessary recordings from remote server on creation.
- Allow frame cache to be disabled on remote connections.
- Properly old remove recordings from timeline when a new camera is switched to popup viewer.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the same quick layout to be selected twice in a row, even if windows have been moved in between.
- ComArt capture card is no longer added automatically on first run, even if one exists in the computer.
- Improved the initial frame rate over slow remote connections.
- Video stream is no longer requested from remote connection for cameras that are hidden.
- Added an optional recording limit in days.
- Fixed a bug that caused the hold time of a motion detection rule to be reset to zero on program restart.
- Fixed occasional decode errors on remote video stream.
- Improved copy protection scheme.
- ANPR contexts allow the system to ignore additional recognitions of the same plate in different cameras.
- 1600x1200 added to video export resolutions.
- Fixed a potential crash on program startup.
- Alarm log.
- Changed the encode quality setting to a geometric scale of 0-100, which scales better with image size.
- Plate recognition can optionally be performed synchronously, thus displaying the actual recognition rate.
- Increased the maximum page count per partition to 100000.
- Various improvements to slow remote connections.
- Fixed a potential hang in web server implementation.
- Video4Linux2 support.
- Yuan capture card support for Linux.
- Fixed some isses with opening user manuals or log on certain platforms.
- Replaced setting tooltips with visible help icons.
- Removed the unused "Video format" setting from Panasonic MJPEG cameras.
- UPnP camera search.
18th Nov 2011
- Fixed the grayed out main window on certain Mac OSX computers.
- Fixed a hang when generating notifications from a camera with certain resolutions.
- Fixed a bug where setting selector would not appear for analog cameras or users when creating a "change setting" action for a rule.
- Allow capture from a single camera without a license dongle for demo purposes.
20th Oct 2011
- Fixed a crash when recording space is set to 0.
- Hide the screen text column from vehicle editor unless DMLed device is set.
- Fixed bugs with Excel export.
- Fixed a long timeout when removing a disconnected Ksedio device from settings.
- Fixed the multiplexed video output selector from XeD capture card settings.
- Fixed a hang when closing the license plate search window.
- Fixed a constraint that prevented removing ANPR schedules if they have ever been used by a vehicle.
- Reordered settings.
- Unpress the session organizer button properly.
- Fixed playback issues on the detached event viewer window.
- Reordered display menus to reflect their real-world positioning.
- Hungarian translation.
- GSP camera support.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to use ONVIF support to a non-ONVIF camera
- Fixed unnecessary license plate search window refreshes caused by disconnected remote connections.
- ANPR filtering.
- Rephrased the "Time limit" permit field to "Area time limit".
- Color the known license plates green in plate search window.
- Removed the automatic license plate detection events from the event notification list.
- Altered RTSP camera support to fix the stream from Panasonic WV-SP302.
- Fixed a potential crash when closing the application when an ONVIF camera is connecting.
- Fixed the license plate search when "Track vehicles in the area" setting is off.
- Fixed a bug in video clip creation that causes the video to slow down when switching cameras.
- Place the snapshot preview window into a more visible position.'
- Removed the "Adapt to environment" ANPR setting.
- Fixed the reverse remote connections.
- Fade out the plate recognition indicator properly on 64-bit version.
- Fixed the Primary display setting on Linux.
- Keep the plate search window always on top.
- Removed the notification type selection on notification action creation.
- Fixed the remote recording viewing from a Standard client.
- Prevent database bottlenecks from delaying license plate detection.
- Don't show the PTZ overlay on newly added Sony cameras unless PTZ protocol is selected.
- Show PAL resolutions on XeCap cameras' resolution selector.
- Added user interface for listing bookmarks in touch ui.
- Fixed the PTZ presets on newer Sony cameras.
- Retry if failed to open XeCap device, which prevents occational failure of capturing.
11th Jul 2011
- Fixed image mirroring on touch UI.
- Fixed some camera and device names in rule editor.
- Implemented notifications.
- Fixed some graphical errors in Floor plan.
- Fixed the Vehicles in area -dialog.
- Support for demo mode via automatically opened backups.
- Support for DM Led display.
- Fixed the permit selection column in vehicle adding dialog.
- Fixed a bug that prevented cameras to open automatically on startup when the recorder has only one display.
- Fixed a hang in backup creation when entire timeline has been selected.
- Fixed timeline flickering with backup recordings and after startup.
- Improved RTSP support, enabling the use of Basler cameras.
- Fixed a bug that prevented receiving recordings from 3 or more remote recorders at once.
- Show buffering state in each camera.
- Reduced the CPU load caused by unreachable network cameras.
- Reorganized the setup window.
- Fixed a bug that caused multiplexer window to appear on the wrong display.
- Option to increase the amount of digits when selecting a camera with joystick.
- Customizable limits for the maximum length or number of openings of the permits that a user creates.
- Optimized remote connection overhead.
- Cheat code dialog.
- Implemented graphical camera selector on touch UI.
- Fixed a crash when quickly altering layouts with detached cameras.
- Fixed a crash caused by certain network operations.
- Enabled pixel format transformations via shaders on Windows where available, which increases drawing performance.
- Fixed missing images from Prime->Standard remote connection.
- Implemented a setting on Windows which controls whether Ksenos starts automatically on boot.
27th May 2011
- Added a Stream ID option to Panasonic MJPEG cameras, allowing stream selection from Panasonic encoders.
- Changed the "Openings" field in ANPR permits to be vehicle specific.
- Fixed playback from deleted cameras.
- Program restart no longer needed after adding the web server.
- Fixed a bug that caused timeline selection to be invisible when only the begin has been selected on Windows.
- Fixed backups with special characters on pathname.
- Fixed a bug that created duplicates of rules and remote connections when querying for dongle on startup.
- Fixed the misaligned camera fullscreen mode on Windows.
- Fixed the decoding errors when playing recordings near live mode from cameras with large keyframe interval.
11th May 2011
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused DIO status to be 1 on some inputs/outputs when starting program.
- Prevent launching two instances of Ksenos on boot.
- Allow remote users to access anpr data without having permissions for recordings.
- Fixed a bug that prevented live images to show over remote connection from cameras that have permission group set.
4th May 2011
- Event popup window.
- Optional remote control protocol that supports Ksenos DVR Standard servers.
- Sony RTSP camera support with PTZ controls.
- Fixed a bug that caused client to sometimes crash when there were more than one open remote connection.
- Fixed broken stream on cameras with single MPEG4/H264 image size of over 512 kB (certain high-resolution Areconts).
1st Apr 2011
- ANPR user interface improvements (usability, speed)
- Fixed a potential, random corruption of a small part of recordings
- RTSP support improvements
- Fixed a server-related memory leak
25th Feb 2011
- Fixed a timeout issue with some RTSP cameras (at least Panasonic WV-SP306).
- Fixed a bug that caused Ksenos to consume available file handles when doing many remote ANPR modifications, leading to inability to record anything.
- Fixed web server crash.
- Fixed a crash when displaying login dialog on remote connection.
16th Feb 2011
- Additional configuration parameters for ANPR.
- Removed a bottleneck in recording which caused "Trying to write more than can be handled" -errors on lower loads than necessary.
- Altered watchdog so that it won't immediately kill Ksenos after computer resumes from sleep mode.
- Multiple fixes to remote control.
- Initial implementation for group session functionality.
- Disable the timeline if no camera windows are open.
- Fixed RTSP support for some camera models.
- New ANPR data model.
- User's Guide and Installer's Handbook are now in PDF format.
16th Feb 2011
- Fixed a bug that prevented some database operations to execute, which may cause gaps in recordings and prevent overwritten recordings to properly be cleaned up.
- BSD socket support, which prevents unresponsive cameras from hanging the entire system for a long time.
- User-selectable UDP transport support for RTSP cameras.
23rd Dec 2010
- User's Guide and Installer's Handbook are now in PDF format.
- Fixed unlimited memory consumption of remote connections.
- Improvements to multiplex display mode.
- Fixed a rare crash when closing connection to remote host.
- Zavio stream decoding fixed.
- Additional video export resolutions added.
- Upgraded SQLite library to 3.7.4
- Optimized remote connections for slow networks.
- Fixed a bug that caused backup creation to miss some or all recordings.
23rd Nov 2010
- Fixed video clip framerate over Standard->Prime remote connection.
- Fixed keepalive on generic RTSP cameras.
- Fixed a delay in opening stream from some remote cameras.
- Fixed the multiplex display mode.
- Added a possibility of watching live images from Ksenos DVR Standard server.
2nd Nov 2010
- Reduced CPU load when recording lots of frames per second.
- Prevent the watchdog from killing the recorder when resuming from sleep mode in Windows.
- Allow crash dump writer to overwrite old dump file if one exists.
- The mask overlay is no longer shown in camera windows when enabling area search.
- Allowed GTK-style timeline drag on Windows: Mouse may now exit the timeline bounds while dragging.
- Improved the remote usage performance over slow connections.
- Fixed the serial port support in Windows.
- Fixed a bug which caused camera image to seem completely white.
- Option to flip PTZ axises via negative speed.
- Fixed missing user name and password fields in Axis MJPEG camera settings.
- Option to select the PTZ control mode in Sony Network camera settings.
- Fixed decompression errors in some RTSP cameras, including Brickcom and Dynacolor.
- Fixed RTSP support for Sony SNC-DH140.
16th Jul 2010
- Fixed remote dio control.
- Safer way to save settings. Prevents the possibility of wiping out part of settings because of a crash / power outage.
- Removed an unnecessary recording alarm when creating a backup.
- Fixed a crash when the remote connection is reconnecting.
- Fixed a bug in backup creation which caused the area search to not properly find the next recording block.
- A user that does not have permissions for live image or remote connections can no longer watch images through web interface.
- Disabled the recordings in local viewing for users who don't have that permission.
- Fixed the "motion on area"-rule. The creation wizard now properly displays the dialog which allows the user to draw the area.
- Fixed the automatic logout.
- Close ANPR windows, settings and floor plan when the user logs out.
- Fixed the server connection limiter.
- Fixed the client bandwidth limit.
- Crash dump creation.
- Fixed the multiplex video clip resolution to video export resolution settings.
- Implemented setting file import.
- Keep retrying connection when autoconnect is enabled.
- Reorganized settings.
- Fixed MPG440 camera support.
- Fixed the image controls on camera windows when watching recordings.
- Fixed the motion indicator on recordings.
- Fixed the language selection on Windows version.
- Removed the backround window option on Windows version.
- Increased the maximum video export quality.
- Fixed the persistent icons on the hour selector on Windows 7.
- Reduced the wait time when misspelling password.
- Upgraded SQLite library to 18.104.22.168
- Fixed the error when selecting the joystick device setting.
- Fixed a crash when switching capture format on XeCap capture devices.
- Enabled camera window content swapping on Windows version.
- Insert new cameras on the floor plan to the current floor.
- Autosave settings when rules are changed.
- Improvements in ANPR settings.
- Allow a camera or group to be ignored on plate detection rule.
- Fixed the setting rule creation with cameras that have their name altered.
- Ksedio support.
7th Jun 2010
- Show licence information in the about dialog
- Fixed a bug where removing a camera from ComArt capture device may prevent capturing from other cameras in other capture groups
- Fixed a bug which prevented writing to database when creating a backup
- Prevent the recording alarm when closing a backup
- The user must have permissions for live image to have permissions to recordings
- Allow user to watch local live video without having permissions to recordings
- Fixed a crash when opening camera windows
- Fixed a hang when starting a program with no pages allocated for the first recording partition
- Use the current time of the main timeline on a camera window when detaching
- Added a rule for a motion occurring on a specified area of the image
- Added a parity selection for ComArt DIO settings, which fixes PTZ control through serial port with certain camera models
- Fixed the random initial direction of PTZ indicators on camera windows
- QuickTime camera support
- Increased write buffer size, which prevents "trying to write more than can be handled" errors on recorders with high load
- Fixed the PTZ preset saving on Axis cameras
- Fixed a buffer overflow vulnerability on the HTTP server
- ANPR support
- Settings are now always saved automatically
- Touchscreen user interface
- Digest authentication support for RTSP cameras
- Fixed the black image on the first camera caused by the failure to set image properties on certain ComArt card configurations.
- Fixed crashes and hangups on remote connections on both server and client end
- Fixed the all-white image when the camera resolution exceeds the maximum texture size of the graphics adapter
- Fixed program hangups due to connection issues with network cameras
- Prevent overwriting settings with no capture devices when the copy protection dongle is missing
- Fixed a crash when closing camera windows
- Allow using joysticks on client installs.
- Fixed anonymous http viewing when the local user on the server is logged out.
- Fixed the reconnect button on Axis camera settings.
- Fixed a bug that caused a backup to miss all the timeline data during creation.
- Reorganized settings.
- Simplified layout saving dialog.
- Fullscreen multiplex view.
- 360-fisheye ptz control.
- Fixed a crash when decoding h264 recordings.
- Fixed a bug in XeCap recording watchdog which occasionally stopped capturing instead of restarting it
- Added info fields in the vehicle entries.
- Fixed a permission error which prevented ANPR when local user was logged out and caused recording alarm.
- Fixed a crash when closing the program when ANPR is active.
10th Feb 2010
- Fixed a miscalculation of camera window layout on certain camera count / screen size combinations
- Fit the web viewer image on entire browser window if no bounds are specified
- Fixed a crash when trying to zoom a camera window of a deleted camera on live mode
- Fixed several conditions where camera window / timeline were not repainted despite of changes in them
- Allow the use of numpad enter key when entering the time on timeline
- Added a possibility to read/control dio devices over remote connection
- Enabled video output (with optionally multiplexed images) on XeD capture cards on Linux
- Added the option for multiplexed images on XeD video output on Windows
- Fixed a bug in drivesetup which caused it to write a database to the wrong directory.
3rd Feb 2010
- Fixed a bug in dome preset selection with joystick
- Detect the hotplugged copy protection dongle correctly during query at startup
- Allow the use of numpad keys when entering the time on timeline
- Fixed saving patrols and incorrect timeout during the patrol run
- User manual updated
- Allow spaces in exported setting files
- HTML help restyled
- Removed unused folders in Windows installation folder
- Fixed a bug in camera window aspect ratio detector
- Refresh camera windows when signal is lost
- Display recording indicator on camera windows over remote connection
- Fixed the displayed number of buttons in joystick settings
- Fixed a crash when taking a snapshot of a camera with a certain resolution
- Display codec type in camera status
- Restored the framerate in Ksekam camera settings
- Added support for Hunt type 186 (h264 video server)
- Fixed deadlocks with remote connections
- Run rules with admin privileges regardless of the user logged in
- Fixed the timeline and calendar search with remote connections from Standard clients
- Record viewer no longer gets stuck to live image when calendar search is open
- Fixed the additional ".png"-extension on the file names of jpeg-snapshots
- Fixed the layout icons on multi-display environments
- Fixed a bug that caused periodical program shutdown
- Hide the extra control icon settings on basic mode
- MJPEG-support for RTSP cameras
- Numerous improvements to generic RTSP camera support
- Draw the mask correctly under mouse cursor on cameras with other aspect ratios than 4:3
5th Jan 2010